Tricia Muehlbauer, Executive Director
PO Box 7585 Colorado Springs, CO 80933-7585
Telephone: 719-291-5545; Fax: 719-213-2693
The information herein is privileged and is furnished by and for the members of the Colorado Springs Executives
Association. Any claim of damage resulting from others having access hereto is the sole responsibility of the
members or firm permitting such and is not the responsibility of the Association. Information in the newsletter has
been obtained and listed with care from sources deemed reliable, but its correctness is not guaranteed.
Current Board of Directors:Jenn Kolk, President; Tara Irons-Past President; Chris Waldron-Vice President; Stephanie Horton-Secretary; Diana Thate Treasurer; Todd Matia; Larry Blevins; Karen Heun; Kody Miller
August 23, 2023
Kim Griffis, Visit COS, with guest presenter Grant Dewey, Western Museum of Mining and Industry
Have you been on the Western Museum of Mining & Industry (WMMI) campus recently? After 53 years of serving the community as an educational non-profit, we still meet people every week who “had driven by for years” and finally ventured in to be pleasantly surprised by the “hidden gem”, pun intended. In case you haven’t been to WMM, they’re coming to us. During the presentation, they’ll share a bit of their story which continues to represent the past, present, and future of Colorado. Join us next week to hear about their mission and to learn a few fun facts along the way! You might be a little surprised as well.
Greeter-David Horwitz, Colorado Springs Cleaning Supply
August 16, 2023
Thank you to Jesse Carillo, Scoop Creative, for his debut presentation today! Jesse shared about his personal side and family and then showcased a few short videos his company created.
Jesse comes from a family where his father taught him ‘all things video’ and he is eager to work with Execs and those to whom he is referred!
Todd Matia– Emilio Padilla, Inherent Clothier
Nancy Kelly-Josh Middleton (looking for new opportunity)
Mark Rohn-Mark Reniston
None this week!
Congrats to Mike Eschler who won a $25 Execs gift certificate today from Scoop Creative!
Notes from your executive director:
Help us grow our membership! The board would like to grow by 15 members this fiscal year (July to June!) Have a best in class company in mind? Please get w/ Tricia as a first ‘stop’ to make sure the category can be opened. Note, per the bylaws, when a company wants to apply for membership in a certain category, business from the category must be at least 75% of their annual income. Please understand, there is crossover with almost every single member’s category. It’s a big sandbox and we have to place nicely if we wish to grow. Rarely do companies today offer only one product or service. The key in Execs is the percentage! Often times (I have so many examples) members who are skeptical of a new company actually end up partnering with or referring to the new member. Please keep this in mind as we try to grow and move forward. (Oh, and earn $100 Execs gift certificate for each member you sponsor through the end of October.)
Here are some potential categories we can fill! If you know of a best in class company who might like to be a part of Execs, bring them as a guest!
Flower shop/florist; Carpet cleaning company; Plumber; Landscape Architect; Handyman
There are MANY MANY other possibilities! Please reach out if you think of a category that we should consider!
- GOG Club is hosting a fundraiser this weekend for Goodwill. Chic Boutique is donating high-end goods and the public is welcome to shop. All proceeds go to Goodwill. Open Friday and Saturday. (MIKE GARROW)
- Larry Blevins sold Syntrak, my business, on July 1 after 34 years in business. Tim Betsch of Longmont is the new owner. I will be working part time with Tim and will continue Syntrak membership in Execs! (NANCY KELLY)
- Did you know TECC Painting does caulking and sealants on commercial buildings? TECC Painting offers a 10% discount to CSEA members. Let’s paint your exterior projects prior to winter. (TONY ELLIS)
- Thank you to our new customers: South CS Nissan, City Rock Church, International Salon and Academy. (DAVID HORWITZ)
- The Cruise Above the Clouds will again be in Woodland Park September 9th at Memorial Park. (SPENCER SWANN)
- The 2023 Angels of America’s Fallen Golf Tournament and Silent Auction is Monday September 11th at the Perry Park Country Club in Larkspur, CO. The proceeds from your participation provide funding to honor our fallen military and civilian first responders by supporting the dreams of their children. For further information go to AOAFALLEN.ORG/GOLF or contact Melodie Owens, Development Officer of Angels of America’s Fallen 719-231-5473. You can be a sponsor or just play golf yourself!! (PAULETTE GREENBERG)
- Direct lead to Mark Rohn. (GREG SWARTZ)
- Direct lead to Weathercraft. Roof coating project needed and flashing and repairs prior to coating. (TONY ELLIS)
- Direct lead to Candy with Ent Credit Union for a CD. (DIANA THATE)
- Direct lead to Ent. We took advantage of the CD special. Thank you. (MARK COPELIN)
- Direct lead to Overhead Door. (STEPHANIE HORTON)
- Direct lead to Focus on the Family. (ANGIE PETERS)
- Direct lead to Swartz Electric. (ANGIE PETERS)
- Direct lead to Brooke at Sasquatch Cookies. (ANGIE PETERS)
- Direct lead to Canyon Signs. (DIANE INGOLIA)
- Direct lead to City Glass. (DIANE INGOLIA)
- Direct lead two times last week/this week to City Glass! And another one coming. (TRICIA MUEHLBAUER)
- Nancy-thanks for the insight! The assessment you do is invaluable. If you haven’t met with Nancy Kelly…you need to. (TODD MATIA)
- Thanks for repeat orders from Kevin Holt. (CHRIS PELOSO)
- Thanks to Todd Matia for a great meeting! (NANCY KELLY)
- Joe Wilson, thanks for a great job on my new crown. I’ll see you soon for the next one. (KEVIN HOLT)
- Thank you David Horwitz for the referral for an industrial coating and opportunity. (TONY ELLIS)
- Thank you to Focus on the Family for your continued business. (ANGIE PETERS)
- Thank you Tricia Muehlbauer for your continued business. (ANGIE PETERS)
- Thanks Chris, Big Dog Drone Service. (SPENCER SWANN)
- Thank you Spencer, for the signs. (CHRIS WALDRON)
- I’m trying to get to know everyone better. People with whom I would love to grab coffee: Doug Berwick, Joe Wilson, Jesse Carrillo. (TODD MATIA)
- Any carpet cleaning recommendations? (JOE WILSON) (Joe-text me and I’ll send you the company I use! All-we need a carpet cleaning company! Who can sponsor a best in class carpet cleaning company?!-TRICIA MUEHLBAUER)
- Great to see Todd D! (TERRENCE VAN SANT)
- If you need landscape wall block, pavers, edgers and windows please contact me at 719-960-6829. (KEVIN HOLT)
- International Salon is interested in upgrading their facility on Academy Blvd. Contact Tom or Lorrinda. (DAVID HORWITZ)
- Our son Darren was cleaning out his room and found some items with the name Darren on them. Let me know if you know of a Darren who would like some Darren gifts! (PAULETTE GREENBERG)
- Good program! (JIM SMITH)
- Jesse, great job with the presentation. The quality of your raw footage is on point! (TODD MATIA)
- Great program. (MIKE WARNER)
- Great program today. (MARK COPELIN)
- Great program. (LARRY BLEVINS)
- Great presentation today, Jesse. (ANGIE PETERS)
- Thank you Scoop Creative. I enjoyed your presentation. (CANDY VANDENBERG)
- Interesting program Jesse. (TERRENCE VANSANT)
- Good job Jesse! (SPENCER SWANNN)