Tricia Muehlbauer, Executive Director
PO Box 7585 Colorado Springs, CO 80933-7585
Telephone: 719-291-5545; Fax: 719-213-2693
The information herein is privileged and is furnished by and for the members of the Colorado Springs Executives
Association. Any claim of damage resulting from others having access hereto is the sole responsibility of the
members or firm permitting such and is not the responsibility of the Association. Information in the newsletter has
been obtained and listed with care from sources deemed reliable, but its correctness is not guaranteed.
Current Board of Directors:Tara Irons-President; Kim Griffis-Past President; Larry Blevins-Vice President; Jenn Kolk-Secretary; JP West-Treasurer; Angie Peters; Jim Little; Karen Heun; Kody Miller
May 17, 2023
Colorado Springs and Homelessness
What Makes Colorado Springs Different
Travis Williams, Chief Development Officer, Springs Rescue Mission
Homelessness is a complex challenge facing every city. It impacts everyone. In fact, it is often referenced as one of the top issues facing El Paso County and Colorado Springs. No matter where you go, everyone has an opinion. Some are compassionate. Some are frustrated. Some just don’t know what to think. Yet, we all know that somehow homelessness taps deep into big questions about life and quality of life. So, how is Colorado Springs doing in addressing this challenge? Are we better today than a few years ago? Come next week to learn!
May 10, 2023
Thank you to Eddie Hurt, for today’s excellent presentation on the property tax increase issue. Based on the research they have done, almost everyone in El Paso County saw the Assessor’s Value for residential property increase between 30%-50%, some even higher. And with the elimination of the Gallagher Amendment the increase in your property tax is even more!
Eddie showed how to file an appeal if you think your property may be over assessed. For all your real estate needs, call Eddie Hurt/Michelle Blessing at ERA Shields! 719-593-1000; BlessingHurt@erashields.com
Steve Nyrhinen– Robert Martin, new owner of TMR Direct
Kim Griffis– Ted Struttman, Office Pride Commercial Office Cleaning
Todd Matia– Krueger Bros Construction (applying for membership)
Tammy Fogall– Michael Greene
Michael Garner– Leishann Garner
Brooke Orist– Jesse Carrillo, Scoop Creative
Diana Thate-Kathleen Fox and her husband
Eddie Hurt-Pat Cone, Garden of the Gods Club and Resort
DOORPRIZE: Congrats to Diane Doyle who won a $25 gift certificate from ERA Shields Real Estate/The Blessing/Hurt Team
Notes from your executive director:
At today’s board of directors meeting, the board:
Approved Primary membership in the classification of ‘Video Production’ for Jesse Carillo, Scoop Creative. Jesse is sponsored by Brooke Orist, Sasquatch Cookies. Welcome Jesse and thank you for sponsoring him, Brooke!
Opened the category of ‘Roofing, Siding & Decks’ for Michael Krueger, Kruger Brothers Construction. Michael is sponsored by Todd Matia. Should you know of any qualified/top notch companies in ‘Roofing, Siding & Decks’ please bring them as a guest to see if they might like to compete for the category. As always, it is the goal of CSEA to bring in the best in class. Competition is encouraged!
Approved Honorary membership for John Cole, El Paso County Environmental Division. Welcome John! We look forward to connecting the El Paso County through you!
Approved Primary membership for Robert Martin, new owner of TMR Direct. Welcome Robert! We are glad you have you as part of our organization!
Approved a change in category for Kevin Holt. Kevin now represents ‘Wholesale Grower of Produce and Microgreens’ instead of auctions. Kevin-we are thrilled you want to continue as a valuable member of Execs in your new business!
Approved Retired membership for Steve Nyrhinen, retired from TMR Direct and also Mike Warner, retired from Jet Ex. It’s great to have you both continue on as retired members!
Note-Deborah Ireland-Young, KCME, is no longer an Associate member of Execs.
Sponsor a member from now until the end of October and get $100 Execs gift certificate! The board voted to increase the certificate amount through October! Help us grow our membership!
How many of you have graduates this spring? Our annual graduate recognition breakfast will take place on May 24! For those of you who are new and don’t know about this tradition, here’s the scoop…Every year CSEA honors graduates of fellow Execs (spouses, children or grandchildren at the high school or college level. This includes associate, bachelor’s, masters and doctorate levels.) Our presentation on May 24 will showcase these graduates. Each graduate will be recognized, whether or not they are present, and will receive an Execs gift certificate. Here is the link to sign up. It is also on our website: csea.biz. Don’t delay in getting their information in so we can build the program!
Please proof the ‘last chance’ roster below. If I don’t hear from any of you with changes, I will send it to American Printing and Copying on Monday morning.
- 24-Hour Fitness at 3650 Austin Bluffs Parkway will close on Monday. (WAYNE HEILMAN)
- Climate Design is now a factory dealer for Fujitsu Ductless A/C heating systems. It’s time to have air conditioning systems checked for summer! (MIKE EDDE)
- It’s Buffalo Gals Time! We travel all over Colorado with custom grills to facilitate all kinds of events with our Santa Maria Barbeque. Execs 10% discount. (KATHY DREILING)
- Mother’s Day is this weekend and we have cookies! (BROOKE ORIST)
- First Company will present the melodrama ‘Stop the Presses’ June 9th and 10th at John Wesley Ranch. Details: www.fumc-CS.org/fc. (WAYNE HEILMAN)
- There is a Girl Scout Dinner tonight, Wednesday, to honor four local women at the Olympic/Paralympic Museum…Women of Distinction. Nice to recognize women who have made a difference in Colorado Springs and in our world!!! (PAULETTE GREENBERG)
- Direct lead to Advanced Impressions. (DIANE DOYLE)
- Direct lead to Furry Friends. (DIANE DOYLE)
- Direct lead to Weathercraft. (DIANE DOYLE)
- Direct lead to Spencer with Colorado Canyon Signs…two front door magnet signs. (GREG SWARTZ)
- Direct lead to Chris Peloso. Tumbleweed pics are on the way. (SPENCER SWANN)
- Direct lead to Karen Heun. (TREVOR DIERDORFF)
- Direct lead to Broadmoor World Arena. (DIANE INGOLIA)
- Direct lead to Jeff at Colorado Running Company. (MIKE EDDE)
- Direct lead to Terry VanSant. (STEVE NYRHINEN)
- Direct lead to Picnic Basket for DAPPR fundraiser. (STEPHANIE HORTON)
- Direct lead to Pikes Peak World Arena…looking at Mariachi Band this weekend. (MARK COPELIN)
- Direct mail lead to TMR Direct from my network. This is how it works EXECS. You too can refer leads and business to one of our fellow members. 🙂 (BERNARD SANDOVAL)
- Direct leads/ongoing business to: Payroll City, ENT, Wendy’s, Gazette, and WestCo Insurance. (BERNARD SANDOVAL)
- Direct lead to Brightway Insurance. Thank you for helping with classic cars! (TRICIA MUEHLBAUER)
- Direct lead to Swartz Electric. Thank you for taking care our our client. (TRICIA MUEHLBAUER)
- We are hiring two corporate sales representatives for KCME/Jazz 93.5. Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. (STEPHANIE HORTON)
- We’re always looking for summer help with event staff. Know any kids home from college this summer? (KATHEY DREILING)
- Thanks to Karen for shirts for our entire office. Everyone LOVES them! (DIANE DOYLE)
- Thank you Josh for the Switchbacks donation to the Bernice E Holland Foundation! We really appreciate it. (DIANE DOYLE)
- Thank you to Tricia for working with Swartz Electric. (GREG SWARTZ)
- Thank you to Michael Greene for working with Swartz Electric. (GREG SWARTZ)
- Thanks David Horwitz for the vehicle magnets! (SPENCER SWANN)
- Thanks Greg Swartz for the door magnets. (SPENCER SWANN)
- Jim Smith, thank you for the lead for an air conditioning install. (MIKE EDDE)
- Thanks to Mark Rohn. I’ll be introducing you to Carol Nolan, a local bookkeeper and CFO. (KATHLEEN FOX & DIANA THATE)
- Wayne, thanks for your wise words and support. (KATHY DREILING)
- Thanks Eddie Hurt for your business. Very appreciated. (KATHY DREILING)
- Very glad to hear you are doing betta, Dewey. We miss you! (DIANE DOYLE)
- Happy Birthday to all Execs with birthdays! (KIM GRIFFIS)
- Good to see Bill, former C & C Sand. (NANCY KELLY)
- Dewey Reinhard, thinking of you! Can’t wait to see you! (NANCY KELLY)
- Go vote! (JONMARC RADSPINNER)
- Great to see Bill Johannsen today. (BERNARD SANDOVAL)
- Great catching up with Dewey Reinhard, Jeff Tarbert and Terry Van Sant this week. (PAULETTE GREENBERG)
- The East Library on Union has a lovely exhibit for The Jewish Heritage Month in May. It is by the children’s book area on the main floor. They have featured a variety of books, including postcards with Jewish recipes…delicious if you cook!!! (PAULETTE GREENBERG)
- The Heart Association closed its office in Colorado Springs and gave me some heart jewelry to see if I knew anyone who would like to buy some earrings and necklaces. If you are interested in seeing the pieces, call me at 719-598-7004 (home number) or email me at email@example.com. (PAULETTE GREENBERG)
- Sushi Row opened Saturday at 316 N. Tejon St, just north of the El Paso Club. (WAYNE HEILMAN)
- Great presentation!! Thank you. (DIANE DOYLE)
- Eddie Hurt, you’re looking good and that was a great program. Thanks. (STEVE NYRHINEN)
- Eddie, thanks for the good presentation today…very interesting and informative! (JIM SMITH)
- Thanks Eddie. Really helpful presentation on the property tax issue. (JEFF TARBERT)
- Thank you Eddie-super and timely! (NANCY KELLY)
- Thanks Eddie. Informative program. (TERRENCE VANSANT)
- Eddie, great job on your presentation. Lots of great info. (KEVIN HOLT)
- Great presentation and info Eddie! (MAT LAFLEUR)
- Thanks Eddie for a very informative program. (LARRY BLEVINS)
- Informative presentation Eddie! (BERNARD SANDOVAL)
- Thanks for the informative presentation! Very helpful info. (JONMARC RADSPINNER)
- Eddie-thank you for stepping up in a pinch to fill a vacant week with super timely and helpful information. Part of the reason our organization so successfully exists is due to education! Thanks for educating us on this issue! (TRICIA MUEHLBAUER)