Tricia Muehlbauer, Executive Director
PO Box 7585 Colorado Springs, CO 80933-7585
Telephone: 719-291-5545; Fax: 719-213-2693
The information herein is privileged and is furnished by and for the members of the Colorado Springs Executives
Association. Any claim of damage resulting from others having access hereto is the sole responsibility of the
members or firm permitting such and is not the responsibility of the Association. Information in the newsletter has
been obtained and listed with care from sources deemed reliable, but its correctness is not guaranteed.
Current Board of Directors:-Jenn Kolk, President; Tara Irons-Past President; Chris Waldron-Vice President; Stephanie Horton-Secretary; Diana Thate Treasurer; Todd Matia; Larry Blevins; Karen Heun; Kody Miller
October 25, 2023
Michael Garrow, Garden of the Gods Club
Don’t miss next week! We will have a natural presentation of the Garden of the Gods Park out our windows and Pat Cone will share information on individual and corporate membership opportunities. Come enjoy a beautiful morning and breakfast with us! Parking is available, complimentary, via valet or self park. Breakfast will be held in the Grand View Restaurant in the main lodge, 3320 Mesa Road. See you there!
Greeter-To be determined! Who would like to greet?
October 18, 2023
Thank you to the Springs Rescue Mission for today’s thorough presentation on homelessness and how they are tackling it from all angles with multiple partnering vendors. Homelessness is a complex topic that impacts everyone. They shared a behind-the-scenes look at the Mission and offered some tools to help better understand the challenges and opportunities for people without a home. Several members took a tour of the Mission after breakfast.
Angie Peters– Paul Hasty
Greg Swartz– Pilar Chavarria, The Happy Plumber
October 18-Dan Adam, Adam and Son Auto Repair
October 19-Ron Genuario, Retired member
October 20-Eddie Hurt, ERA Shields Real Estate
October 23-Jim Little, Coaltrain Wine and Spirits
DOORPRIZE: Brenda Speer won the doorprize! Congrats!
Notes from your executive director:
At last weeks’ board of directors meeting, the board:
Approved Primary membership for Carissa Smith, Forbush Legal, category: Estate Planning/Probate and Trust Administration Attorney.
Carissa is sponsored by Don Moon, Retired member. Welcome Carissa! And thank you for sponsoring her, Don!
Opened the classification/category of ‘Water and Mold Restoration’ for KC Spencer, Colorado Water and Mold Restoration. KC is sponsored by Todd Matia, Harvey Investment Management, Inc. Should you know of any best in class water/mold restoration companies, please bring them as a guest to see if they would like to compete for the category. Voting will take place at the November meeting.
Opened the classification/category of ‘Window Tinting’ for Paul Hasty, Tint Technologies. Paul is sponsored by Angie Peters, City Glass. Should you know of any best in class window tinting companies, please bring them as a guest to see if they would like to compete for the category. Voting will take place at the November meeting.
Next week’s meeting is OFFSITE again at the Garden of the Gods Club! Don’t miss it!
- Tattered Cover will close its downtown Colorado Spring store after filing a Chapter 11 bankruptcy. (WAYNE HEILMAN)
- Execs! We greatly appreciate you taking time out of your day to attend Springs Rescue Mission’s Exclusive CSEA Breakfast! We hope you enjoyed your time with us and learned something new about SRM. Your partnership is immensely important as we work together to help our neighbors in need. SRM is grateful for this amazing community; 80% of Springs Rescue Mission is funded by generous and caring community members, such as yourselves. Please consider becoming a Good Samaritan Sponsor and helping the most vulnerable men and women overcome poverty, homelessness and addiction. If you have any friends, family, or co-workers who you think would be interested in joining us at our December 6 Love Bigger Gathering, please feel free to share the attached invitation (end of newsletter.) Thank you again for coming to SRM! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. (TINA ZIWAK)
- With fall in full swing, your gutters are filling up with leaves. Make sure to get your gutters cleaned. Execs get 10% off! (JONMARC RADSPINNER)
- Our 5.65% APY, 11-month CD special ends 10.28.23. The 3-5 months at 5.00% APY and the 6-11 months at 5.20% APY are ongoing. (CANDY VANDENBERG)
- I have an electrical question for Swartz Electric. I’ll call you. (MARK COPELIN)
- First Company will present Peter and the Starcatcher, November 3th-5th and 10th-12th at First United Methodist Church, 420 N. Nevada Ave. Tickets and details at www.fumc-CS.org/first company. (WAYNE HEILMAN)
- Direct lead to Greccio Housing (donation). (BRENDA SPEER)
- Direct lead to WestCo Insurance (renewal). (BRENDA SPEER)
- Direct lead to Brightway Insurance (renewal). (BRENDA SPEER)
- Direct lead to Furry Friends. (DIANE DOYLE)
- Direct lead to Windshields Express. (DIANE DOYLE)
- Direct lead to Dan, Adam and Son for car repair/service. (BENJAMIN WOJCHIK)
- Direct lead to Greg, Swartz Electric. (ANGIE PETERS)
- Direct lead to Coaltrain. (ANGIE PETERS)
- Direct lead to The Colorado Running Company. (ANGIE PETERS)
- Direct lead to Sasquatch Cookies. (ANGIE PETERS)
- Direct lead to Jessica at The Gazette. (ANGIE PETERS)
- Direct lead to Cultivate House Detailing for Christmas Lights. (DON MOON)
- Direct lead to Dan Adam, Adam and Son (company vehicle). (GREG SWARTZ)
- Direct lead to Karen Heun at Advanced Impressions for shirts. (CHRIS PELOSO)
- Direct lead to Sasquatch…the double decker cookie ‘sandwich’ is my new favorite! (JP WEST)
- Direct lead to Mike at Windshields Express. (MIKE LLOYD)
- Direct lead to JP West. (TODD MATIA)
- Direct lead to Jenn Kolk. (TODD MATIA)
- Direct lead to City Glass. (DIANA THATE)
- Direct lead to Jenn Kolk. (JONMARC RADSPINNER)
- Opportunity for Execs wanting to invest in foster kids who are exiting the system…a non-profit working to get training for these young adults in trades. (TODD MATIA)
- Congratulations, Dan Adam, for being recognized by the BBB Summit Award at A Night of Excellence! (CANDY VANDENBERG)
- Thank you to Todd Matia for taking JP West, Kody and myself to Kissing Camels golf club. (BENJAMIN WOJCHIK)
- Thank you Jessica for interviewing Jesse for one of your stories. He really enjoyed his time and we’re looking forward to reading the story! (ANGIE PETERS)
- Thank you to City Glass for hosting Swartz Electric. (GREG SWARTZ)
- Thank you TECC Painting for letting us quote insurance. (JP WEST)
- Thanks Chris Waldron for choosing Christy Sports for your new ski boots. (MIKE LLOYD)
- Spencer, thanks for the chat this week. (TODD MATIA)
- Thanks, Peggy, for letting us help you with your insurance. (JENN KOLK)
- Special shoutout to Brenda Speer for her kind donation to Greccio. Thanks. (DANA ROCHA)
- Happy Birthday Dan, Ron, Eddie and Jim! (BRENDA SPEER)
- JP, Kody and Ben…had a great time chatting this week, as we walked in the grass. (TODD MATIA)
- This weekend I will be giving away pumpkins at “The Haunted Forest.” Bring the kids and stop by. The address is 8048 West US Highway 24, Cascade CO, 80809. (KEVIN HOLT)
- Pikes Peak Kiwanis Club is still looking for sponsors of Thanksgiving baskets for Greccio Housing families. Our goal is 85 baskets this year. The cost is $45 (up from $35 due to inflation). We would appreciate your support again this year. Last year 29 of you supported our efforts and we thank you! See the flyer at the end of the newsletter and feel free to pass it along! Or click here to donate! Thank you so much. (JIM SMITH) (See flyer at end of newsletter again.)
- Thank you to the staff of the Mission for today’s breakfast and presentation. (BRENDA SPEER)
- Thanks for the work you do at Springs Rescue Mission! (TODD MATIA)
- Great program today-a high calling in our community to serve the homeless. Thank you for what you do and helping the less fortunate in our community. (MARK COPELIN)
- Thanks for all that you do, Springs Rescue Mission! (MATHEW LAFLEUR)
- Thank you Springs Rescue Mission for breakfast. (DIANA THATE)
- Great presentation! Thanks for all the info on the Rescue Mission. (JENN KOLK)
- Fantastic presentation on your work in this important mission! (ROBERT MARTIN)
- Wow! What a great organization! (TONY ELLIS)
- Thanks to Springs Rescue Mission for having us and for all you do! (CANDY VANDENBERG)