Tricia Muehlbauer, Executive Director
PO Box 7585 Colorado Springs, CO 80933-7585
Telephone: 719-291-5545; Fax: 719-213-2693
Current Board of Directors: Kim Griffis-President; Brenda Speer Past President; Tara Irons-Vice President; Angie Peters-Secretary; JP West-Treasurer; Spencer Swann; Dan Adam; Jim Little and Jenn Kolk
October 19, 2022
Bill Huffor, Furry Friends
Look who just joined CSEA and is already presenting!! Bill Huffor from Furry Friends will be presenting on all things pets! Food, supplies, supplements, toys and much more! What do you feed your pets? How did you pick that food? Do you know what the ingredients are? Just like people, dogs and cats are what they eat! You won’t wanna miss this educational presentation! But wait, there’s more…the door prize is gonna be PAWtastic!!
Greeter-to be determined
October 12, 2022
Thank you so much to Greg Swartz, Swartz Electric for his debut presentation today.
Greg is passionate about making sure the right people work in his company and that customer service is first and foremost. He is currently seeking top notch electricians and pays great referrals to those who send him electricians! He has a heart for service both in our community and around the world! Let’s help Greg find some qualified electricians! See his flyer again at the end of this newsletter!
Trevor Dierdorff– Jon Marc Radspinner
Carla Wink– Ramiro Villalobos
Jenn Kolk-Mike Eschler, Windshields Express
October 12-Helene Afeman, Springs Ideal Weightloss
October 15-Lindsay Fischer, Retired member
DOORPRIZE: Congrats to Diana Thate who won two hours of electrical work from Greg Swartz!
Notes from your Executive
At today’s board of directors meeting, the board:
- Approved Primary membership for Mike Eschler, Windshields Express, category of ‘Automotive Glass’ . Mike is sponsored by Jenn Kolk, Brightway Insurance. Welcome, Mike! And thank you, Jenn!
- Approved Primary membership for Bill Huffor, Furry Friends, category of ‘Pet Supplies and Grooming’ Bill is sponsored by Trevor Dierdorff, Amnet. Welcome, Bill! And thank you, Trevor!
Both Jenn and Trevor receive a $50 gift certificate to spend at any Execs business!
- Approved Associate membership for Caroline Fleming, Weathercraft and Carla Wink, Better Business Bureau. Welcome to both of you!
Next week, we will be starting our meeting a bit early as both Jim Little from Coaltrain, and Janet Huffor (new member, Bill Huffor’s wife and the Chief of Staff for Sheriff Bill Elder) will speak on a few of the ballot measures.
Save the date!! Thursday, December 1 we will have our holiday party at the El Paso Club!
(Information pertaining to members’ businesses)
- If I took a new headshot for you, please go to waldronsfamilystudio.com to view it. Click on ‘online gallery’ and then Exec’s 2022. Enter this password: CSEA2022 There is no charge to use the image on the Exec’s website. If you wish to purchase the image for other use, please call me. They are $55 each. Thank you. (CHRIS WALDRON)
- John O’Neill’s Celebration of Life is Saturday at 1pm at Mansions Park in Manitou Springs. (LISA COE)
- Looking for residential move opportunities in November. (MATHEW LAFLEUR)
- Switchbacks have a home playoff match on 10/22. Execs can use the access code CSE22 or call Kenny Jackson at 719-368-8480 for discounted tickets. See flyer at the end of the newsletter! (JOSH MIDDLETON)
- We’ve wrangled some discounts for two of our most popular arena shows, John Mulaney and Trans-Siberian Orchestra. TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA – Sunday, Nov. 20 @ 7pm (evening show only) – Broadmoor World Arena – Save 10% per ticket by clicking here! Promo code: COMMUNITY22 (Saves nearly $15 per ticket! – Limited seats still available ) If anyone wants to buy 10+ tickets, they can always call directly to save even more money! 719-477-2102 Multi-platinum, progressive rock group Trans-Siberian Orchestra (TSO) is coming to Colorado Springs with its highly anticipated 2022 winter tour, The Ghosts of Christmas Eve – the Best of TSO & More presented by Hallmark Channel. After its first year off the road in more than two decades, TSO made a triumphant return to touring in 2021 with a 25th anniversary celebration of Christmas Eve and Other Stories. For 2022, TSO brings a completely updated presentation of the unforgettable, multi-generational holiday tradition, “The Ghosts of Christmas Eve,” to 60 cities across the nation. Also, NEXT WEEK! JOHN MULANEY – Sunday, Oct. 23 @ 7pm – Broadmoor World Arena – NEARLY HALF OFF ORIGINAL PRICING! Click Here (No promo code needed) John Mulaney is a two-time Emmy and WGA award-winning writer, actor, and comedian. In 2018, John Mulaney traveled the United States with sold out Kid Gorgeous tour, which was later released as a Netflix stand-up special and won the Emmy for Outstanding Writing in a Variety Special; In 2015, he released The Comeback Kid, also a Netflix original, which The AV Club called the “best hour of his career;” In 2012, his Comedy Central special New In Town had Ken Tucker of Entertainment Weekly hailing him as “one of the best stand-up comics alive.” We’d love to see you! (JEFF LAPSANSKY)
Pikes Peak Philharmonic concert is Sunday, October 16th at 3pm at the Ent Center for the Arts. Tickets at the door are $15 and seniors are $10. The lineup: March to the Scaffold, Danes Macabre, Night on Bald Mountain, Bach’s Toccata & Fugue, Sorcerer’s Apprentice. (BRENDA SPEER)
(When you yourself do business w/ a member or someone you referred to a member
does business with that member) AND REFERRALS
- Direct lead to The Gazette-‘Best Of’. (JIM LITTLE)
- Direct lead to Nancy Kelly. (TREVOR DIERDORFF)
- Direct lead to Cascade Investments for personal retirement accounts. (CHRIS PELOSO)
- Direct lead to Dr. Joe Wilson. (GARY ALTMAN)
- Direct lead to Eddie Hurt. (GARY ALTMAN)
- Direct lead to Arrow Moving and Storage. (GARY ALTMAN)
- Direct lead to Dan with Adam and Son. (DIANA THATE)
- Direct lead to Mark Rohn. I’ll be in touch. (NANCY KELLY)
- Direct lead to Josh with the Switchbacks. (DIANE INGOLIA)
- Direct lead to Climate Design. Thanks Mike for coming by to service my furnace. (CATHY D’AGOSTINO)
- Direct lead to Ent…ongoing. (TARA IRONS)
- Direct lead to Coaltrain. (SPENCER SWANN)
- Direct lead to Josh Middleton with the Switchbacks. (KIM GRIFFIS)
- Direct lead to Angie with City Glass. (KIM GRIFFIS)
- Direct lead to Kelly at ADD STAFF. (ANGIE PETERS)
- Direct lead to JP West. (KEVIN GUTTMAN)
- Direct lead to Dan Adam. (KEVIN GUTTMAN)
- Direct lead for David Horwitz…Grace Church in Falcon. (CARLA WINK)
- Thank you Chris for taking some incredible wedding photos…finally viewing them for the album. You did a great job. (CAROLINE FLEMING)
- Thank you to Dr. Joe Wilson for the quick response in helping my wife. (GARY ALTMAN)
- Thank you David Horwitz for our new dispensers. (DIANA THATE)
- Thank you Dan Adam for a wonderful shindig. (DIANA THATE)
- Michael, thanks for a great job on my cell phone. It was amazing that you came out in your mobile van and fixed my phone. Thanks so much. (KEVIN HOLT)
- Spencer, thanks so much for the awesome trick-or-treat signs. They will be a big hit for all the kids on Halloween. (KEVIN HOLT)
- Thanks to Gary Altman for the referral. (JOE WILSON)
- Thank you Jeff for promoting The Blue Planet with KCME and Jazz 93.5. (DEBORA IRELAND-YOUNG)
- Thanks to Greg Swartz for putting me in touch with Peak Med. I was able to meet with them and look forward to having my employees sign up. (BILL HUFFOR)
- Thank you John and Caroline at Weathercraft Roofing. (CHRIS WALDRON)
- Thank you Ron Guenario for the opportunity to assist you and family. (EDDIE HURT)
- Thank you Brenda for the opportunity to assist your client. (EDDIE HURT)
- Thank you Adam and Son Auto for the great response. (DON MOON)
- Thank you for the job order, Angie with City Glass. (KELLY SHAFFER)
- Thank you Trevor Dierdorff for your continued business over thirteen years in identifying the ‘right fit’ with our job scan technology. (NANCY KELLY)
- Thanks Kevin Holt for the trick-or-treat signs. Everyone should go to Cascade and see his award-winning display! (SPENCER SWANN)
- Thank you to Kelly at ADD STAFF and his staff for the quick fill of the office position that I had to get filled immediately. (ANGIE PETERS)
- I am bringing a presenter on Nov. 2! Jeff Hunter, NP, IFMPC from Upstream Functional Medicine! He has set the bar high for functional medicine. You will learn a lot and should not miss this! (TRICIA MUEHLBAUER)
- Dan Adam- selling VW Jetta TDI. (MICHAEL PELTIER)
- Very helpful hearing what all Execs need for leads! (DIANE DOYLE)
- Trevor-great rules for being a good man that you posted on Facebook. (DOUG BERWICK)
- Happy Birthday Lindsay. Miss you! (SPENCER SWANN)
- Happy 60th Anniversary to Bob and Patricia Gillis. So lucky to have known you both for the past 39 years….when I became a member of the CSEA. I loved going to Tire Centers…I do miss that!! Great memories and more to be made!! Your friend, Paulette. (PAULETTE GREENBERG)
- The Colorado Springs Executives Association has been very supportive over the last several years in supporting my Pikes Peak Kiwanis Club by sponsoring the baskets we prepare and deliver to the low-income families of Greccio Housing!
Once again, we will be preparing and delivering 75 (revised up to 75 as we surpassed our goal of 65 last year) Thanksgiving Baskets on Saturday, November 19th for less fortunate families. I am hoping that having sponsored baskets previously, you will again sponsor a basket (or baskets). See attached flyer at end of newsletter. Thank you for your consideration. (JIM SMITH)
- The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta’s 50th Anniversary was a huge success in spite of three days of marginal weather. Record crowds, 650 balloons estimated, 13 million dollar gross income. ‘A sign of the times’…for the first time ever, there were snipers on duty at the Fiesta. (DEWEY REINHARD)
- Colorado Springs drivers need to learn how to use the acceleration lane and merge. (DOUG BERWICK)
- Randy’s Barbershop on W. Colorado Ave. is celebrating 20 years in business! (SPENCER SWANN)
- Thoughtful presentation. (DEBORA IRELAND-YOUNG)
- Great presentation Greg! (DIANE DOYLE)
- Great program. Legacy is huge! Thanks for the reminder. (MARK COPELIN)
- Great presentation Greg! (DOUG BERWICK)
- Thank you Greg for teaching us about you and your business. (BRENDA SPEER)
- Excellent program. (LARRY BLEVINS)
- Greg, your program was very interesting and informative! (JIM SMITH)
- Greg, super presentation! (NANCY KELLY)
- Good presentation Greg! (SPENCER SWANN)